Wall Street ended on an upswing today, as investors pushed stock prices higher on the New York Stock Exchange. Boosted by gains across the board, the exchange closed up a total of +0.92% on the day. Outperforming the general trend, the Nikkei 225 rose +1.15%, the FTSE 100 was up +0.47%, and Silver Dec 23 increased +0.38%. Despite moderate trading volumes, the market showed strength in the face of the consistent upward trend.
The main European indexes:
- Euro STOXX 50 Index – 41.2 (-0.22%)
- FTSE Euro 100 Index – 1371.58 (0.03%)
- S&P Europe 350 Index – 1797.54 (0.25%)
The main Asian indexes:
- S&P Asia 50 Index – 4218.37 (0.75%)
- Dow Jones Asian Titans 50 Index – 183.55 (1.38%)
- FTSE ASEAN 40 Index – 10.95 (0.00%)
Main global indexes:
- FTSE All-World Index – 425.84 (-0.12%)
- S&P Global 100 Index – 45133.258 (1.00%)
- S&P Global 1200 Index – 3088.94 (-0.23%)
- Dow Jones Global Titans 50 – 629.45 (-0.68%)
Key market indicators before closing:
- Nasdaq decreased on 1.40%
- S&P 500 rosed on 0.57%
- Russell 2000 rosed on 1.14%
- Dow Jones rosed on 0.15%
Index-linked futures closed today as follows:
- Nasdaq decreased on 2.04%
- S&P 500 decreased on 0.59%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 0.42%
- Dow Jones decreased on 0.75%
Ups and downs
📈 These securities showed the maximum growth this morning:
- Euronav NV — +-2.57%
- WEG S.A. — +10.32%
- Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc. — +10.39%
- MoonLake Immunotherapeutics — +-0.43%
- Immunovant, Inc. — +6.98%
Securities of Orchard Therapeutics plc has the best trading closing in three months (05 October 2023 , +210.99%).
- Unveiling Euronav NV (EURN)’s Value: Is It Really Priced Right? A Comprehensive Guide
- Regal Rexnord Corporation Announces Definitive Agreement To Sell Its Industrial Motors & Generators Businesses To WEG
- XPeng’s $31 Billion Gap Shows Hazy China EV Outlook: Tech Watch
- Phase 2 MIRA primary analysis trial results (12-week) for MoonLake’s Nanobody® sonelokimab in hidradenitis suppurativa to be presented at a late-breaking session at the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress
- A SPAC Will Buy Back Its Own SPAC and Pay a Staggering Premium
📉 These securities showed the maximum decrease today:
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V. — –27.63%
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. — -2.74%
- Alstom SA — –23.20%
- Rivian Automotive, Inc. — -9.22%
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste, S. A. B. de C. V. — –20.38%
Securities of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. has the worst closing in three months (-83.11%, 08 September 2023 ).
- Unraveling Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte SAB de CV’s Dividend Dynamics
- OSU, WSU ask court to prevent departing Pac-12 schools from standing in way of rebuilding conference
- Alstom: UK rail fails leave CEO racked and pinioned
- Rivian (RIVN) Forecast Falls Short Even as Deliveries Beat Estimates
- ASR Nederland (AMS:ASRNL) shareholders have earned a 13% CAGR over the last three years
If we consider industries, the stocks of companies from Consumer Cyclical finished the day best of all. Their cumulative growth — 8.16%.
But stocks from Utilities went negative — -2.41%.
The companies from China are traded best on New York exchange. It happened thanks to Guangdong Green Precision Components Co., Ltd (+20.02%), Shenzhen Liande Automation Equipment co.,ltd. (+20.02%), Hengbo Holdings Co.,Ltd. (+19.99%).
The worse situation is with the companies from Japan (Nippon Telephone Inc. –1.94%, Omikenshi Co., Ltd. –1.92%, MedRx Co., Ltd –1.9%).