As the bell clanged soundly to signify the end of trading, the mood in the exchange was somber, with shares dropping across the board. Losses on the main indexes ranged from -0.73% for the NYSE to -1.08% for Gold Dec 23. Declines in the NASDAQ Composite index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average followed at -0.64% and -0.49%, respectively. Despite the overall dip, the market remained surprisingly calm as investors held tight to see the long-term effects of the day’s trading.
The main European indexes:
- Euro STOXX 50 Index – 41.27 (0.81%)
- FTSE Euro 100 Index – 1371.2 (0.09%)
- S&P Europe 350 Index – 1792.99 (-0.13%)
The main Asian indexes:
- S&P Asia 50 Index – 4186.91 (-1.27%)
- Dow Jones Asian Titans 50 Index – 181.4 (-1.40%)
- FTSE ASEAN 40 Index – 10.95 (-0.36%)
Main global indexes:
- FTSE All-World Index – 425.18 (-0.10%)
- S&P Global 100 Index – 44686.883 (-1.09%)
- S&P Global 1200 Index – 3090.98 (0.20%)
- Dow Jones Global Titans 50 – 631.64 (0.30%)
Key market indicators before closing:
- Nasdaq decreased on 0.02%
- S&P 500 decreased on 1.38%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 0.30%
- Dow Jones rosed on 0.46%
Index-linked futures closed today as follows:
- Nasdaq rosed on 2.62%
- S&P 500 rosed on 1.22%
- Russell 2000 rosed on 1.17%
- Dow Jones rosed on 1.31%
Ups and downs
📈 These securities showed the maximum growth this morning:
- Nuvalent, Inc. — +17.67%
- Construction Partners, Inc. — +0.83%
- Rivian Automotive, Inc. — +-8.33%
- Acuity Brands, Inc. — +0.13%
- Core & Main, Inc. — +6.06%
Securities of VinFast Auto Ltd. has the best trading closing in three months (28 August 2023 , +688.04%).
- Preliminary Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Data from ALKOVE-1 Trial of NVL-655 Demonstrated Activity in Heavily Pre-Treated Patients with ALK-Positive NSCLC and an ALK-Selective, TRK-Sparing Safety Profile
- Summers Sees Jobs Report as Step Down Road to Soft Landing
- Why Rivian Stock Bounced Back Big-Time Wednesday
- US Earnings to Watch: JPMorgan, Citigroup, Bank of America, KB Home, Bed Bath
- Core & Main Hosts 2023 Investor Day and Introduces Long-Term Financial Targets
📉 These securities showed the maximum decrease today:
- VinFast Auto Ltd. — –10.78%
- Helen of Troy Limited — –9.06%
- Banco Santander, S.A. — –7.24%
- New Fortress Energy Inc. — –7.19%
- Callon Petroleum Company — –6.97%
Securities of Gaucho Group Holdings, Inc. has the worst closing in three months (-65.61%, 28 September 2023 ).
- Bond yields near 2007 highs, Sam Bankman-Fried’s trial kicks off: Yahoo Finance Live
- Taiwan Tech Firms Helping Huawei With China Chip Plants
- JPMorgan’s (JPM) UK Retail Bank Chase Restricts Crypto Dealings
- New Fortress Energy Falls in Post-Shutdown Trading Debut
- Callon Petroleum Co (CPE): A Comprehensive Analysis of Its Fair Valuation
If we consider industries, the stocks of companies from Communication Services finished the day best of all. Their cumulative growth — 7.08%.
But stocks from Consumer Defensive went negative — -2.8%.
The companies from China are traded best on New York exchange. It happened thanks to Guangdong Green Precision Components Co., Ltd (+20.02%), Shenzhen Liande Automation Equipment co.,ltd. (+20.02%), Hengbo Holdings Co.,Ltd. (+19.99%).
The worse situation is with the companies from United States (Enovis Corporation –1.43%, Newell Brands Inc. –1.31%, Kenvue Inc. –1.3%).