After ending a rather turbulent week, the New York Stock Exchange closed its trading session with an overall increase in market prices. Equity investments of Silver Dec 23 in particular surged at a rate of +1.59%, while NASDAQ Composite and Gold Dec 23 also experienced a growth of +0.41% and +0.39%, respectively. These impressive gains would make any investor smile and are commendable considering the volatility of the week.
The main European indexes:
- Euro STOXX 50 Index – 42.135 (0.39%)
- FTSE Euro 100 Index – 1400.14 (0.55%)
- S&P Europe 350 Index – 1832.4 (0.32%)
The main Asian indexes:
- S&P Asia 50 Index – 4300.44 (1.60%)
- Dow Jones Asian Titans 50 Index – 186.84 (0.33%)
- FTSE ASEAN 40 Index – 11.01 (-0.45%)
Main global indexes:
- FTSE All-World Index – 434.8 (0.31%)
- S&P Global 100 Index – 46568.402 (0.45%)
- S&P Global 1200 Index – 3151.53 (0.20%)
- Dow Jones Global Titans 50 – 630.8 (0.08%)
Key market indicators before closing:
- Nasdaq rosed on 0.41%
- S&P 500 rosed on 0.57%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 1.03%
- Dow Jones rosed on 0.01%
Index-linked futures closed today as follows:
- Nasdaq decreased on 0.54%
- S&P 500 rosed on 0.32%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 1.37%
- Dow Jones decreased on 0.71%
Ups and downs
📈 These securities showed the maximum growth this morning:
- Aritzia Inc. — +3.38%
- Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc — +10.06%
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. — +-0.57%
- Kohl’s Corporation — +2.87%
- Ginkgo Bioworks Holdings, Inc. — +6.40%
Securities of Femasys Inc. has the best trading closing in three months (29 September 2023 , +519.17%).
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX climbs as GDP data cements hopes of interest rate pause
- Lawrence Stroll-Led Group Raises Stake in Aston Martin to 26%
- Dow Industrials Paying Price for Leaving Out Amazon and Alphabet
- Why stocks may just roll into an October correction
- Anxiety Claims Questioned by Judge in New York DNA Case
📉 These securities showed the maximum decrease today:
- Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated — –15.73%
- Badger Meter, Inc. — –8.87%
- Fibra UNO — –7.06%
- Roivant Sciences Ltd. — –4.85%
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V. — –6.60%
Securities of OpGen, Inc. has the worst closing in three months (-76.78%, 28 August 2023 ).
- Amicus (FOLD) Gets FDA Approval for Pompe Disease Drug
- Germany Bans US-Linked Neo-Nazi Group, Conducts Nationwide Raids
If we consider industries, the stocks of companies from Consumer Cyclical finished the day best of all. Their cumulative growth — 6.02%.
But stocks from Technology went negative — -2.94%.
The companies from China are traded best on New York exchange. It happened thanks to Guangdong Green Precision Components Co., Ltd (+20.02%), Shenzhen Liande Automation Equipment co.,ltd. (+20.02%), Hengbo Holdings Co.,Ltd. (+19.99%).
The worse situation is with the companies from United Kingdom (United States Oil Fund, LP –1.28%, The Baillie Gifford Japan Trust PLC –1.28%, THG Plc –1.27%).