The trading day on the New York Stock Exchange was a difficult one, with a heavy decrease in quotes of 0.49% that was felt across all the major indices. The Russell 2000, FTSE 100 and CBOE Interest Rate 10 Year T Note all suffered major losses, closing at -0.49%, -0.63% and -0.65% respectively. Worries over the stability of global markets prompted investors to reassess their risk appetites, leading to a widespread reduction in share prices closing the day.
The main European indexes:
- Euro STOXX 50 Index – 41.65 (-1.23%)
- FTSE Euro 100 Index – 1386.03 (-0.91%)
- S&P Europe 350 Index – 1822.68 (-0.60%)
The main Asian indexes:
- S&P Asia 50 Index – 4254.14 (-1.63%)
- Dow Jones Asian Titans 50 Index – 187.54 (-1.00%)
- FTSE ASEAN 40 Index – 11.13 (-0.27%)
Main global indexes:
- FTSE All-World Index – 433.09 (-0.99%)
- S&P Global 100 Index – 47945.207 (1.43%)
- S&P Global 1200 Index – 3141.13 (-1.08%)
- Dow Jones Global Titans 50 – 626.77 (-1.27%)
Key market indicators before closing:
- Nasdaq decreased on 1.18%
- S&P 500 decreased on 0.87%
- Russell 2000 rosed on 0.07%
- Dow Jones decreased on 0.55%
Index-linked futures closed today as follows:
- Nasdaq decreased on 1.54%
- S&P 500 decreased on 0.81%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 1.09%
- Dow Jones decreased on 0.97%
Ups and downs
📈 These securities showed the maximum growth this morning:
- Immunovant, Inc. — +-0.54%
- Roivant Sciences Ltd. — +-1.16%
- Fisker Inc. — +-5.68%
- Polestar Automotive Holding UK PLC — +11.47%
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. — +-0.12%
Securities of VinFast Auto Ltd. has the best trading closing in three months (28 August 2023 , +688.04%).
- Immunovant Announces Positive Initial IMVT-1402 Phase 1 SAD and 300 mg Subcutaneous MAD Results
- SoftBank-Backed Biotech Roivant Climbs to $7 Billion Valuation
- Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research announces largest Global Sarcoidosis Virtual Summit – Find Your Community, Find Your Life
- Simon Byrne Resigns as Psni Chief Following String of Controversies
- Ionis announces positive olezarsen topline results from Phase 3 study in people with familial chylomicronemia syndrome
📉 These securities showed the maximum decrease today:
- R1 RCM Inc. — -1.41%
- VinFast Auto Ltd. — –6.45%
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S — -0%
- Vonovia SE — –5.53%
- nCino, Inc. — –5.76%
Securities of Femasys Inc. has the worst closing in three months (-52.92%, 21 September 2023 ).
- Assessing the True Worth of R1 RCM (RCM): A Comprehensive Guide to its Valuation
- VinFast’s $65 Billion De-SPAC Valuation Vaults It Past Ford, GM
- European Renewables Hit Three-Year Low as Wind Malaise Deepens
- A Look At The Intrinsic Value Of Vonovia SE (ETR:VNA)
- nCino to Host Inaugural Investor Day
If we consider industries, the stocks of companies from Healthcare finished the day best of all. Their cumulative growth — 9.73%.
But stocks from Consumer Defensive went negative — -2.45%.
The companies from United Kingdom are traded best on New York exchange. It happened thanks to Synthomer plc (+1868.73%), Oxford BioDynamics Plc (+156.46%), OPUS GLOBAL Nyrt. (+46.51%).
The worse situation is with the companies from Japan (Nikon Corporation –1.08%, Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. –1.08%, Daiseki Co.,Ltd. –1.08%).