The opening Match Day of the English Premier League began with an exciting draw between Chelsea and Liverpool. Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda from Liverpool scored the first goal at 18 minutes in (0:1), but Axel Wilson Arthur Disasi Mhakinis Belho from Chelsea responded quickly with a goal at 37 minutes (1:1). Both teams fought hard for the win, but in the end had to settle for a draw. It was a thrilling start to what is sure to be an exciting season of football.
- Robert Lynch Sánchez (6.9)
- Axel Wilson Arthur Disasi Mhakinis Belho (7.6)
- Thiago Emiliano da Silva (7.5)
- Levi Lemar Samuels Colwill (7.2)
- Reece James (7.2)
- Enzo Jeremías Fernández (8.2)
- Conor John Gallagher (7)
- Benjamin James Chilwell (7.5)
- Raheem Shaquille Sterling (6.6)
- Carney Chibueze Chukwuemeka (6.5)
- Nicolas Jackson (6.7)
- Alisson Ramsés Becker (7.2)
- Trent John Alexander-Arnold (6.3)
- Ibrahima Konaté (7.2)
- Virgil van Dijk (7.3)
- Andrew Henry Robertson (7.2)
- Dominik Szoboszlai (7.2)
- Alexis Mac Allister (7.5)
- Cody Mathès Gakpo (6.6)
- Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly (7.5)
- Diogo José Teixeira da Silva (6.9)
- Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda (7.2)
- Malo Gusto (Reece James, 76)
- Ian Ethan Maatsen (Carney Chibueze Chukwuemeka, 81)
- Mykhailo Mudryk (Raheem Shaquille Sterling, 81)
- Lesley Chimuanya Ugochukwu (Benjamin James Chilwell, 90)
- Curtis Julian Jones (Cody Mathès Gakpo, 66)
- Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva, 66)
- Ben Gannon Doak (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda, 77)
- Harvey Daniel James Elliott (Mohamed Salah Hamed Mahrous Ghaly, 77)
In a closely contested match between Chelsea and Liverpool, Chelsea had the majority of ball possession at 65%. They were able to create 11 shots on target, 4 of which were on goal. Nicolas Jackson was particularly active in terms of the number of shots he took. Liverpool created 13 shots on target, with only one being on goal. Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda was their best player in terms of hits on goal. It promises to be an exciting result as both teams fight for supremacy.
Thiago Emiliano da Silva of Chelsea had an impressive 93% pass accuracy, completing 116 passes in total. Alexis Mac Allister of Liverpool had a pass accuracy of 87%, making 47 successful passes. Levi Lemar Samuels Colwill of Chelsea made two key passes, and Dominik Szoboszlai of Liverpool made three key passes in the game. This shows that both teams have talented players with precise passing skills.
Chelsea and Liverpool are two of the top teams in the English Premier League. This season, they have each had their share of interceptions. Chelsea’s interceptions were led by Conor John Gallagher, who had 3. Meanwhile, Virgil van Dijk has been a force for Liverpool with 3 interceptions as well. Thiago Emiliano da Silva was Chelsea’s second-highest interception leader with 1 while Ibrahima Konaté was Liverpool’s second-highest interception leader also with 1. In total, Chelsea had 7 interceptions and Liverpool had 10 this season.
Enzo Jeremías Fernández from Chelsea and Ibrahima Konaté from Liverpool are the top contenders when it comes to face-to-face fights for the ball. Enzo has had a total of six such battles while Ibrahima has had seven, making them both dominant forces on the field. Both players have proven to be strong competitors when it comes to challenges for possession, showing excellent determination and skill when competing for the ball. Their teams can count on these two players to give their all in any situation that requires an intense fight for control of the game.
- Carney Chibueze Chukwuemeka (Chelsea) at 4 minute
- Enzo Jeremías Fernández (Chelsea) at 32 minute
- Nicolas Jackson (Chelsea) at 85 minute
- Diogo José Teixeira da Silva (Liverpool) at 32 minute
- Trent John Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) at 68 minute
- Ibrahima Konaté (Liverpool) at 85 minute
- Alexis Mac Allister (Liverpool) at 89 minute
The last five games (including this match):
- Chelsea – D
- Liverpool – D
Top 5 English Premier League scorers:
- Erling Braut Haaland (2, Manchester City)
- Alexander Isak (2, Newcastle)
- Bobby Armani De Cordova-Reid (1, Fulham)
- Bukayo Ayoyinka Temidayo Saka (1, Arsenal)
- Bryan Mbeumo (1, Brentford)
- Chelsea will play with West Ham. August 20 at 15:30 (UTC), on London Stadium.
- Liverpool will play with Bournemouth. August 19 at 14:00 (UTC), on Anfield.