On Match Day 33 of the Major League Soccer season, the New York Red Bulls took on FC Cincinnati. O._Fernandez put the Red Bulls in front at the 28th minute with a goal to make it 1-0. Unfortunately for them, their lead didn’t last long as L._Acosta equalized at 80 minutes, making it 1-1. The game looked to be heading for a draw until O._Nwobodo struck in added time of stoppage time to give FC Cincinnati an unlikely win by 2-1.
New York Red Bulls
R. Celentano (rating 6.5)
New York Red Bulls
C. Harper (M. Nocita, 64)
M. Pinto (J. Moreno, 46)
The New York Red Bulls and FC Cincinnati faced off in a close match with FC Cincinnati having the slight edge in ball possession at 55%. The Red Bulls put up an impressive 9 shots on target, with Luquinhas leading the team in attempts. On the other side, FC Cincinnati put up 7 shots on target but managed to hit 3 of them past the keeper. Luciano Acosta’s performance stood out as he had the most hits on goal for his team. In the end it was a tightly contested match between two evenly matched teams.
Daniel Edelman from the New York Red Bulls had a pass accuracy of 75%, completing 52 passes in total. Yerson Mosquera from FC Cincinnati had a pass accuracy of 73%, completing 64 passes. Daniel Edelman also made 2 key passes, while Júnior Moreno from FC Cincinnati made 2 as well. Both teams had strong passing performances, though the New York Red Bulls managed to have slightly better accuracy overall.
The New York Red Bulls had 10 interceptions throughout the season, with Cameron Harper leading the team with 2. FC Cincinnati had 7 interceptions, with Nick Hagglund having the most at 2. The Red Bulls also had 2 blocks, with Hassan Ndam accounting for both of them. FC Cincinnati did not have any blocks this season.
Based on the number of face-to-face fights for the ball, it is clear that Daniel Edelman and Arquimides Ordonez are two of the most formidable players in their respective teams. Daniel Edelman plays for New York Red Bulls and has won 11 such confrontations, while Arquimides Ordonez, who plays for FC Cincinnati, has won 9. These figures show that these players have an impressive ability to battle against opponents and retain possession of the ball.
- Hassan Ndam (New York Red Bulls) at 3 minute
- Daniel Edelman (New York Red Bulls) at 45 minute
- Dante Vanzeir (New York Red Bulls) at 64 minute
- Malik Pinto (FC Cincinnati) at 19 minute
- Sergio Santos (FC Cincinnati) at 62 minute
- Arquimides Ordonez (FC Cincinnati) at 71 minute
Penalties in a match:
- O. Fernandez (New York Red Bulls) at 28 minute
- L. Acosta (FC Cincinnati) at 80 minute
The last five games (including this match):
- New York Red Bulls – LWWLL
- FC Cincinnati – WDDDD
Top 5 Major League Soccer scorers:
- Hany Mukhtar (36, Nashville SC)
- Sebastián Driussi (31, Austin)
- Julián Carranza (30, Philadelphia Union)
- Jesús Ferreira (28, FC Dallas)
- Dániel Gazdag (27, Philadelphia Union)
- New York Red Bulls will play with DC United. August 20 at 23:30 (UTC), on Red Bull Arena.
- FC Cincinnati will play with Columbus Crew. August 20 at 23:30 (UTC), on Lower.com Field.