|Barcelona – Rayo Vallecano||1 – 2|
|Athletic Club – Sevilla||0 – 1|
|Atletico Madrid – Mallorca||3 – 1|
|Real Betis – Real Sociedad||0 – 0|
|Celta Vigo – Elche||1 – 0|
|Cadiz – Osasuna||0 – 1|
|Valencia – Valladolid||2 – 1|
|Girona – Real Madrid||4 – 2|
|Villarreal – Espanyol||4 – 2|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Valentin Castellanos’ stunning performance in the match against Real Madrid contributed to Girona’s impressive 4 – 2 victory. This was one of 28 goals scored during Match Day, a 14% increase from the average 24 goals seen during previous Match Days. The fastest goal of this Match Day was scored just 6 minutes in by Cyle Larin of Valladolid, and his team went on to win 2 – 1 against Valencia. It was a thrilling day of football with a total of 28 goals, many thanks to Valentin Castellanos’ heroics and Cyle Larin’s speedy strike.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Espanyol put up a valiant effort in the match against Rayo Vallecano, but ultimately lost 0-2. Despite this, their defensive game was strong and they put in an impressive 41 destroying actions on the day. The players made 5 interceptions, 7 blocks and 19 tackles while their goalkeeper made 10 saves. While Espanyol were not able to come away with a win this time around, they still demonstrated that they can be a team to be reckoned with defensively. Unfortunately for Espanyol, Valladolid are currently the destroyer of the season with 36 activities per Match Day.
Creator of the Match Day:
Almeria put up a good fight against Real Madrid, winning 139 duels despite the 1-2 loss. The team was able to make 11 shots on target and 21 shots off target, totaling 171 actions during the Match Day. This was slightly lower than Real Sociedad’s season average of 124 such actions per Match Day, but Almeria still put forth an impressive effort against one of Spain’s top teams.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Real Madrid has taken the crown for the team with the best pass accuracy this season, with 91% accuracy out of 702 passes. They also take the cake as being the best team in the league overall, boasting an impressive 93% pass accuracy per match day. On a less positive note, Espanyol is unfortunately at the bottom of this list, having a 79% pass accuracy out of their passes and 78% pass accuracy per match day overall – making them by far and away this season’s worst team.
Fernando Pacheco had an impressive showing during Match Day 31 (April 27 2023). The Espanyol goalkeeper made a record-breaking 31 saves during the game against Villarreal, but unfortunately his team lost the match 2-4. The match with the most fouls was between Valencia and Elche, where 9 yellow cards and no red cards were shown. Despite a lot of physicality, both teams ended in a draw with a final score of 2-2.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Alejandro_Baena, yellow + 1 red (Villarreal)
- Óscar_Gil, yellow + 0 red (Espanyol)
- Alejandro_Catena, yellow + 1 red (Rayo_Vallecano)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Robert Lewandowski, 18 (Barcelona) ( + 1).
- Karim Benzema, 14 (Real Madrid) ( + 0).
- Joselu, 13 (Espanyol) ( + 1).
- Borja Iglesias, 12 (Real Betis) ( + 0).
- Vedat Muriqi, 12 (Mallorca) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Antoine Griezmann , 10 (Atletico Madrid) ( + 2).
- Vinícius Júnior , 8 (Real Madrid) ( + 1).
- Mikel Merino , 8 (Real Sociedad) ( + 0).
- Lucas Robertone , 7 (Almeria) ( + 0).
- Rodrygo , 7 (Real Madrid) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Édgar Badía (Elche) — 116 saves during the season ( + 8)
- Fernando Martínez (Almeria) — 114 saves during the season ( + 8)
- Jeremías Ledesma (Cadiz) — 112 saves during the season ( + 3)
- David Soria (Getafe) — 102 saves during the season ( + 9)
- Giorgi Mamardashvili (Valencia) — 84 saves during the season ( + 1)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 29 at 19:00 (UTC) at Barcelona on (Spotify Camp Nou) with the game Barcelona vs Real Betis.