|Benfica – Estoril||1 – 0|
|Famalicao – Maritimo||3 – 2|
|Pacos Ferreira – FC Porto||0 – 2|
|Guimaraes – Sporting CP||0 – 2|
|Boavista – Rio Ave||3 – 2|
|Santa Clara – Chaves||1 – 1|
|Portimonense – GIL Vicente||1 – 0|
|Arouca – Vizela||1 – 0|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
This Match Day was quite eventful as all the teams scored 20 goals, 5% more than usual. The fastest goal of the day was scored by Yusupha Njie of Boavista at 9 minutes and the game ultimately ended 2 – 3 in favor of Boavista. This exciting game surely set a high bar for future matches and it will be interesting to see if teams can match or even exceed this goal total during the upcoming Match Day!
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Boavista was the destroyer of the match day with a total of 48 destroying actions. The players did 21 interceptions, 2 blocks, and 24 tackles while the goalkeeper made 1 saves. In the end, Boavista won against Santa Clara with a final score of 2 – 1. Even though Boavista was the destroyer of this match day, Portimonense still dominates with an average of 21 destroying activities per Match Day for this season.
Creator of the Match Day:
Famalicao had a tough match against SC Braga, losing 0-3. Despite the loss, the team performed admirably with their 122 duels won, 7 shots on target, and 26 shots off target – a total of 155 actions. This was far behind Benfica’s astounding 71 actions per Match Day throughout the season. Nevertheless, Famalicao put in an impressive effort and can be proud of their performance against a formidable opponent.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Boavista is the team with the best passing accuracy in this season’s league, completing 88% of their 534 passes. With an impressive 90% passing accuracy per Match Day, Famalicao has been the best team in the league so far. Pacos Ferreira had the worst passing accuracy among all teams, managing only 69% of their passes. Maritimo had a slightly better pass accuracy at 82%, but they have been struggling overall this season.
Ignacio de Arruabarrena (Arouca) made a standout performance on Match Day 29 (April 23 2023). He made the most saves during his team’s match with Vizela, helping them to a 1-0 victory. The game that saw the most cards shown was between Maritimo and Casa Pia, where 7 yellow cards and 2 red cards were given out. Despite this, it was Maritimo who won 1-2.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- André_Amaro, 8 yellow + 1 red (Guimaraes)
- Francisco_Geraldes, 7 yellow + 1 red (Estoril)
- Guima, 7 yellow + 0 red (Chaves)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Gonçalo Ramos, 10 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Mehdi Taremi, 8 (FC Porto) ( + 1).
- Pedro Gonçalves, 8 (Sporting CP) ( + 1).
- Ricardo Horta, 7 (SC Braga) ( + 1).
- João Mário, 7 (Benfica) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Pedro Gonçalves , 7 (Sporting CP) ( + 0).
- Mehdi Taremi , 5 (FC Porto) ( + 0).
- Leonardo Lelo , 4 (Casa Pia) ( + 0).
- João Mário , 4 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Bruno Xadas , 4 (Maritimo) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Jhonatan (Rio Ave) — 73 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Andrew (GIL Vicente) — 62 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Paulo Vítor (Chaves) — 53 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Daniel Figueira (Estoril) — 53 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Fabijan Buntić (Vizela) — 51 saves during the season ( + 1)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 29 at 14:30 (UTC) at Ilha da Madeira on (Estádio dos Barreiros) with the game Maritimo vs Guimaraes.