The Match Day 29 in the Bundesliga has come to an end with a resounding victory for Borussia Dortmund, who remain the league’s top team. The match against Eintracht Frankfurt ended 4-0 in Dortmund’s favor, and they now have four wins on the day. Away teams also had success, winning four times as well, while one match ended in a draw. With this result, Borussia Dortmund extend their lead at the top of the table and look well placed to maintain their position as league leaders heading into Match Day 30.
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Eintracht Frankfurt put up a brave fight against Bayern Munich, but ultimately fell short with a final score of 1-6. Despite the loss, the players of Eintracht Frankfurt managed to make an impressive 49 destroying actions, including 13 interceptions, 2 blocks, and 31 tackles. Their goalkeeper also made 3 saves. However, even these impressive numbers were not enough to match VfL BOCHUM’s total for the season — an incredible 36 activities per Match Day!
Creator of the Match Day:
VfL BOCHUM put on a strong performance against FSV Mainz 05 with a total of 143 actions, including 114 duels won and 6 shots on target. Unfortunately, the team was unable to take home the victory as FSV Mainz 05 ultimately won 1-2. Despite their loss, VfL BOCHUM’s impressive 143 actions per Match Day is still far above Hertha Berlin’s 130 actions per Match Day this season.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Borussia Monchengladbach has been the best team in the league when it comes to pass accuracy, completing 88% of their 663 passes. Bayern Munich has been the most successful team overall in the league, with an impressive 90% pass accuracy per Match Day. On the other hand, FSV Mainz 05 had a poor performance this season with only 64% of their passes completed. FC Augsburg was also one of the worst teams in terms of pass accuracy, completing only 70% per Match Day.
Alexander Schwolow of FC Schalke 04 had an impressive performance during the recent Match Day (April 23, 2023). He made 29 saves in a 0-4 victory against SC Freiburg. Meanwhile, the game between FC Augsburg and FC Schalke 04 was marked by a high number of fouls – 8 yellow cards and 1 red card were shown over the course of the match, which ended in a 1-1 draw. It was certainly an eventful day for Schwolow and Schalke 04!
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Ozan_Kabak, yellow + 2 red (1899_Hoffenheim)
- Kouadio_Koné, yellow + 0 red (Borussia_Monchengladbach)
- Piero_Hincapié, yellow + 2 red (Bayer_Leverkusen)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Niclas Füllkrug, 16 (Werder Bremen) ( + 0).
- Marcus Thuram, 13 (Borussia Monchengladbach) ( + 0).
- Randal Kolo Muani, 13 (Eintracht Frankfurt) ( + 0).
- Vincenzo Grifo, 13 (SC Freiburg) ( + 0).
- Christopher Nkunku, 12 (RB Leipzig) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Raphaël Guerreiro , 12 (Borussia Dortmund) ( + 1).
- Randal Kolo Muani , 10 (Eintracht Frankfurt) ( + 0).
- Jamal Musiala , 9 (Bayern Munich) ( + 0).
- Alassane Pléa , 9 (Borussia Monchengladbach) ( + 0).
- Mitchell Weiser , 8 (Werder Bremen) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Manuel Riemann (VfL BOCHUM) — 116 saves during the season ( + 2)
- Rafał Gikiewicz (FC Augsburg) — 96 saves during the season ( + 0)
- Oliver Baumann (1899 Hoffenheim) — 94 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Jiří Pavlenka (Werder Bremen) — 91 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Mark Flekken (SC Freiburg) — 90 saves during the season ( + 3)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 30 at 13:30 (UTC) at München on (Allianz Arena) with the game Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin.