|Benfica – Chaves||0 – 1|
|Estoril – Portimonense||0 – 1|
|Famalicao – Guimaraes||2 – 1|
|Maritimo – Pacos Ferreira||3 – 1|
|SC Braga – GIL Vicente||1 – 0|
|Rio Ave – Casa Pia||1 – 1|
|Sporting CP – Arouca||1 – 1|
|Vizela – Boavista||1 – 1|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
This Match Day saw a significant decrease in the number of goals scored compared to the previous Match Day. All teams combined only scored 19 goals, with 3 of these being penalties, which is 32% less than what was achieved last time around. Taking into account all the other matches played this season, on average each team scores 11 goals per Match Day. The fastest goal of this Match Day was scored by Jhonder Cádiz (Famalicao) at 10 minutes during a game with Guimaraes that ended 1-2 in favor of Famalicao.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Arouca was the destroyer of the match day, with an impressive total of 43 destroying actions. They made 11 interceptions, 8 blocks, and 20 tackles to keep GIL Vicente from scoring. The goalkeeper also made 4 saves to ensure their 1-0 victory. While Arouca may have taken the title for this match day, Portimonense holds the title for this season with an average of 20 destroying actions per match day!
Creator of the Match Day:
Guimaraes proved to be the creator of the Match Day in their match against Estoril, which ended in a 1-0 victory for Guimaraes. The players won an impressive 113 duels and made a total of 134 actions. Of these, 5 shots were on target and 16 were off target. Guimaraes created 69 actions per Match Day, showing their dominance during the whole season.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Sporting CP had the highest pass accuracy of all the teams in this league, with 89% of their 594 passes completing successfully. Famalicao had the highest success rate per Match Day, with 90% of their passes successful. Santa Clara was the worst team in terms of pass accuracy, completing only 72% of their total passes. Maritimo was the worst overall team this season for pass accuracy, achieving an 82% success rate per Match Day. This goes to show that having a strong passing game is essential for any successful team in this league.
Andrew (GIL Vicente) was the star of the show on Match Day 28 (April 16 2023). During his team’s game against SC Braga, he made an impressive 28 saves, helping his team to a 0-1 victory. The match with the most cards shown was between Maritimo and Casa Pia, which ended 1-2. Seven yellow and two red cards were shown throughout the game. Andrew’s heroics have earned him a lot of praise from fans and pundits alike.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- André_Amaro, 8 yellow + 1 red (Guimaraes)
- Guima, 7 yellow + 0 red (Chaves)
- Pedrão, 7 yellow + 0 red (Portimonense)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Gonçalo Ramos, 10 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Pedro Gonçalves, 7 (Sporting CP) ( + 1).
- João Mário, 7 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Mehdi Taremi, 7 (FC Porto) ( + 0).
- Rafa Mújica, 6 (Arouca) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Pedro Gonçalves , 7 (Sporting CP) ( + 0).
- Mehdi Taremi , 5 (FC Porto) ( + 0).
- Leonardo Lelo , 4 (Casa Pia) ( + 0).
- João Mário , 4 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Bruno Xadas , 4 (Maritimo) ( + 1).
The best goalkeepers:
- Jhonatan (Rio Ave) — 70 saves during the season ( + 1)
- Andrew (GIL Vicente) — 59 saves during the season ( + 8)
- Paulo Vítor (Chaves) — 50 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Fabijan Buntić (Vizela) — 50 saves during the season ( + 5)
- Daniel Figueira (Estoril) — 49 saves during the season ( + 4)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 22 at 14:30 (UTC) at Vila Nova de Famalicão on (Estádio Municipal 22 de Junho) with the game Famalicao vs Maritimo.