|Napoli – Verona||0 – 0|
|Bologna – AC Milan||1 – 1|
|Cremonese – Empoli||1 – 0|
|Inter – Monza||0 – 1|
|Lecce – Sampdoria||1 – 1|
|AS Roma – Udinese||3 – 0|
|Fiorentina – Atalanta||1 – 1|
|Sassuolo – Juventus||1 – 0|
|Spezia – Lazio||0 – 3|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
It appears that teams had a difficult time scoring goals this Match Day. All the teams together only scored 17 goals, which is 32% less than their usual 24 goals per Match Day. The fastest goal of the day was scored at 1 minute by Nicola Sansone (Bologna) in the game with AC Milan, but it wasn’t enough to win as it ended in a draw at 1-1.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
It was a hard fought match between Cremonese and Torino, but in the end it was Torino who emerged triumphant with a score of 1-2. Despite the loss, Cremonese should be commended for their defensive performance on the day. They put in an impressive 45 destroying actions throughout the game, with 9 interceptions, 6 blocks, 29 tackles and even 1 save from the goalkeeper. This performance is even more impressive when you consider that Cremonese have been averaging 37 activities per match day this season – making them destroyer of the season so far.
Creator of the Match Day:
Fiorentina had a successful match against Cremonese, winning 3-2 thanks to their 127 duels won and 152 total actions. The team managed 7 shots on target and 18 off target, showing their offensive prowess. Verona was the creator of the season, with an impressive average of 124 actions per Match Day. This win for Fiorentina was a testament to their strength as a team and sets them up for success in the coming matches.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Napoli has been the standout team this season in Serie A, not only with their performance on the pitch but also with their passing accuracy. They have achieved an impressive 89% of their 777 passes completed over the course of the season and 90% pass accuracy per Match Day. This is far superior to Verona who have had a dismal season with only 58% of their passes completed and 78% pass accuracy per Match Day, making them the worst team in Serie A this year.
Nicola Ravaglia of Sampdoria had an impressive Match Day performance on April 16th 2023. His 30 saves helped his team draw against Lecce 1-1. In another game that day, Empoli and Monza faced off with a final score of 1-0, however the match saw a total of 8 yellow cards and 1 red shown to players from both teams – the most cards in any single match that day.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Mehdi_Léris, yellow + 0 red (Sampdoria)
- Lassana_Coulibaly, yellow + 0 red (Salernitana)
- Sofyan_Amrabat, yellow + 0 red (Fiorentina)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Victor Osimhen, 19 (Napoli) ( + 0).
- Lautaro Martínez, 14 (Inter) ( + 0).
- Ademola Lookman, 13 (Atalanta) ( + 0).
- MBala Nzola, 13 (Spezia) ( + 0).
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, 11 (Napoli) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia , 9 (Napoli) ( + 0).
- Sergej Milinković-Savić , 8 (Lazio) ( + 0).
- Rafael Leão , 6 (AC Milan) ( + 0).
- Isaac Success , 6 (Udinese) ( + 0).
- Mário Rui , 6 (Napoli) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Bartłomiej Drągowski (Spezia) — 102 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Lorenzo Montipò (Verona) — 96 saves during the season ( + 1)
- Łukasz Skorupski (Bologna) — 93 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Wladimiro Falcone (Lecce) — 91 saves during the season ( + 0)
- Michele Di Gregorio (Monza) — 89 saves during the season ( + 6)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 24 at 18:45 (UTC) at Bergamo on (Gewiss Stadium) with the game Atalanta vs AS Roma.