Leeds Crushed by Liverpool in Double Header of English Premier League Action

It was a dramatic finish to Match Day 31 of the English Premier League as Leeds faced off against Liverpool. The result was a resounding 6-1 victory for Liverpool, with C._Gakpo scoring twice in the first 35 minutes (0:1 and 0:2). Leeds managed to pull one back in the 47th minute through L._Sinisterra (1 : 2), but their hopes were quickly dashed when Diogo_Jota scored twice for Liverpool at 52 and 74 minutes (1 : 3, 1 : 4). M._Salah added another goal at 64 minutes (1 : 4) before D._Nunez finished things off with a sixth goal in stoppage time (1 : 6).



Illan Meslier (rating 4.9)
Rasmus Kristensen (rating 5.2)
Robin Koch (rating 5.5)
Pascal Struijk (rating 6.2)
Junior Firpo (rating 5.2)
Weston McKennie (rating 6.2)
Marc Roca (rating 6.9)
Jack Harrison (rating 6.9)
Brenden Aaronson (rating 6.6)
Luis Sinisterra (rating 7)
Rodrigo (rating 6.5)


Alisson (rating 6.7)
Trent Alexander-Arnold (rating 8.7)
Ibrahima Konaté (rating 6.7)
Virgil van Dijk (rating 7.7)
Andrew Robertson (rating 6.6)
Jordan Henderson (rating 7.2)
Fabinho (rating 7.2)
Curtis Jones (rating 8)
Mohamed Salah (rating 8.5)
Cody Gakpo (rating 8.3)
Diogo Jota (rating 8.3)



C. Summerville (Rodrigo, 66)
G. Rutter (B. Aaronson, 66)
A. Forshaw (L. Sinisterra, 77)
W. Gnonto (J. Harrison, 77)


L. Diaz (C. Gakpo, 81)
D. Nunez (M. Salah, 81)
J. Milner (J. Henderson, 81)
R. Firmino (Diogo Jota, 82)
Thiago (Fabinho, 85)

Ball possession:

The statistics from the match between Leeds and Liverpool tell a clear story – Liverpool dominated possession with 74%, leaving Leeds to struggle with only 26%. Leeds were not without their offensive chances, though, as they managed 13 shots on target, 3 of which were on goal. The most active player in terms of the number of shots was Luis Sinisterra. On the other side, Liverpool made 13 shots on target as well, but their accuracy was superior as 7 of them ended up being goals. Diogo Jota had the best performance in terms of hits on goal.


Weston McKennie of Leeds had an impressive pass accuracy of 72%, making 36 passes in total. Virgil van Dijk of Liverpool was even more impressive, with a pass accuracy of 96% and 140 passes in total. Marc Roca from Leeds made two key passes, while Jordan Henderson from Liverpool made four. These performances show the skill and talent that both teams possess in their respective midfields.


Leeds and Liverpool have both had great defensive performances this season, with Leeds leading the way in interceptions. Weston McKennie has been a standout player for Leeds, intercepting the ball 3 times. Liverpool’s Ibrahima Konaté is also having a great season, with 2 interceptions so far. When it comes to defending their own half of the field, Leeds have been outperforming Liverpool slightly. Rasmus Kristensen has contributed 1 interception for Leeds while Virgil van Dijk leads Liverpool with 2.


The battle for the ball is an essential part of any football match, and it takes a great deal of strength and determination to come out on top. Two players who have proven their ability in this regard are Rasmus Kristensen of Leeds and Curtis Jones of Liverpool. Although both players have shown remarkable skill when it comes to winning 50/50 challenges, Jones has been able to take his game even further with 11 face-to-face fights won so far this season. Meanwhile, Kristensen is not far behind with 6 successful duels. With these two at the heart of their respective teams’ midfields, fans can expect plenty more exciting battles for the ball in upcoming matches!


    Yellow cards:

  • Fabinho (Liverpool) at 42 minute

    The last five games (including this match):

    • Leeds – LLWLW
    • Liverpool – WDDLL

    Top 5 English Premier League scorers:

    1. Erling Haaland (32, Manchester City)
    2. Harry Kane (23, Tottenham)
    3. Ivan Toney (18, Brentford)
    4. Marcus Rashford (15, Manchester United)
    5. Mohamed Salah (15, Liverpool)

    Next games:

    • Leeds will play with Fulham. April 22 at 11:30 (UTC), on Craven Cottage.
    • Liverpool will play with Nottingham Forest. April 22 at 14:00 (UTC), on Anfield.
    Bot Bot