Match Day 31 of the English Premier League has come to a close, and it was an exciting day of football. Arsenal, the current league leaders, met West Ham in their final match of the day and ended with a draw at 2-2. Of all the games played on Match Day 31, 3 were won by home teams while 7 were taken by away teams. Thankfully there were no draws to be seen. It’s sure to be an interesting race for the title as we move into the last few weeks of play!
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Diogo Jota’s performance in the match between Liverpool and Leeds was remarkable, scoring 2 goals and helping his team win with a final score of 6-1. The total number of goals scored during this Match Day was 36 (2 from penalties), which is 22% more than the usual 27 goals per Match Day. John Stones also stole the show, scoring the fastest goal of this Match Day at 5 minutes into Manchester City’s game against Leicester, resulting in a final score of 1-3. This was an exciting Match Day full of impressive performances and plenty of goals!
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Bournemouth was the destroyer of the match day as they achieved 49 destroying actions. They recorded 18 interceptions, 8 blocks, and 17 tackles while their goalkeeper made 6 saves. Despite all this effort, it was Bournemouth who won in the end with a score of 2-0 against Aston Villa. However, Leeds remains the destroyer of the season with 39 activities per match day.
Creator of the Match Day:
Brighton put up a strong performance in their match against Newcastle, with their players winning 104 duels and taking a total of 137 actions. Of those 137 actions 9 were shots on target and 24 were off target. Although the game ended in a 0-0 draw, Brighton’s impressive output easily surpassed Leeds’ average of 130 actions per Match Day. It was an encouraging display from Brighton who will hope to build on this performance in future matches.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Manchester City have had an impressive season in the league, with their 92% pass accuracy across 748 passes per Match Day making them the best team in terms of passing accuracy. On the other end of the spectrum is West Ham, who were struggling to keep up with their 69% of passes per Match Day. Brentford are also having a difficult time this season, as they only achieved a 78% pass accuracy per Match Day. It’s clear that Manchester City have set a high standard for all teams this season when it comes to passing accuracy.
Kepa Arrizabalaga put on a stellar performance during the April 15 2023 Match Day, making 31 saves for Chelsea during the game against Brighton. Though Chelsea ultimately lost 1-2, Kepa’s tremendous effort was not in vain. The match with the most cards shown that day was between Brighton and Aston Villa, with 9 yellows and 0 reds issued throughout the game. In spite of this, Aston Villa still managed to come away with a 1-2 victory against Brighton.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Cheick_Doucouré, yellow + 1 red (Crystal_Palace)
- Joelinton, yellow + 0 red (Newcastle)
- João_Palhinha, yellow + 0 red (Fulham)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Erling Haaland, 32 (Manchester City) ( + 2).
- Harry Kane, 23 (Tottenham) ( + 0).
- Ivan Toney, 18 (Brentford) ( + 0).
- Marcus Rashford, 15 (Manchester United) ( + 0).
- Mohamed Salah, 15 (Liverpool) ( + 2).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Kevin De Bruyne , 15 (Manchester City) ( + 1).
- Bukayo Saka , 10 (Arsenal) ( + 0).
- Leandro Trossard , 9 (Brighton) ( + 0).
- Dango Ouattara , 8 (Bournemouth) ( + 0).
- M. Olise , 8 (Arsenal) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- David Raya (Brentford) — 131 saves during the season ( + 7)
- Bernd Leno (Fulham) — 115 saves during the season ( + 6)
- Jordan Pickford (Everton) — 106 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Alisson (Liverpool) — 90 saves during the season ( + 2)
- José Sá (Wolves) — 89 saves during the season ( + 1)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start April 23 at 13:00 (UTC) at Bournemouth, Dorset on (Vitality Stadium) with the game Bournemouth vs West Ham.