Lorient and Marseille Play to Stalemate in Ligue 1 Showdown


The match between Lorient and Marseille in Match Day 30 of Ligue 1 ended in a scoreless draw. Both teams put on a strong display, but neither side was able to find the back of the net. Marseille had the majority of chances throughout the match, but couldn’t capitalize on them as their shots were off target or were saved by Lorient’s goalkeeper. Despite this, both teams put up an impressive fight and it was ultimately a fair result for both sides.



Vito Mannone (rating 6.9)
Bamo Meïté (rating 7.3)
Montassar Talbi (rating 6.9)
Vincent Le Goff (rating 7.3)
Yoann Cathline (rating 7)
Julien Ponceau (rating 6.9)
Jean-Victor Makengo (rating 7.3)
Darline Yongwa (rating 6.6)
Romain Faivre (rating 6.9)
Adil Aouchiche (rating 6.7)
Ahmadou Bamba Dieng (rating 6.3)


Pau López (rating 8.2)
Leonardo Balerdi (rating 7)
Samuel Gigot (rating 7)
Sead Kolašinac (rating 7.2)
Jonathan Clauss (rating 7.3)
Valentin Rongier (rating 7)
Jordan Veretout (rating 7.2)
Nuno Tavares (rating 6.2)
Cengiz Ünder (rating 7.2)
Mattéo Guendouzi (rating 6.6)
Alexis Sánchez (rating 7.3)



S. Diarra (A. Aouchiche, 74)
I. Kone (B. Dieng, 83)


R. Malinovsky (M. Guendouzi, 81)
Vitinha (A. Sanchez, 82)
C. Mbemba (S. Gigot, 82)
E. Bailly (S. Kolasinac, 90)

Ball possession:

The soccer match between Lorient and Marseille was an intense one, with Marseille ultimately coming out on top. Despite having less ball possession at 40%, Lorient managed to make 9 shots on target, 5 of which were on goal. Romain Faivre was particularly active in terms of the number of shots he made. On the other hand, Marseille had 60% ball possession and made 13 shots on target, 2 of which were on goal. Leonardo Balerdi was the most successful in terms of hits on goal for Marseille.


Bamo Meïté of Lorient had an impressive passing accuracy of 75%, completing 49 passes in total. Marseille’s Jordan Veretout was even more impressive, achieving a pass accuracy of 92% and completing 78 passes. Vincent Le Goff from Lorient had one key pass, while Cengiz Ünder from Marseille had two. These players were the standouts in their respective teams during this match, with their passing abilities being paramount to the outcome.


Lorient is leading the pack when it comes to interceptions, with a total of 12 for the season. Darline Yongwa leads the team with 3 interceptions, followed closely by Bamo Meïté who has also made 3. Marseille has not been far behind, having secured 6 interceptions this season with their leader Sead Kolašinac having made 3. Jonathan Clauss is Marseille’s only player to have made 1 interception so far this season. It remains to be seen whether Lorient can hold onto their lead or if Marseille can make a comeback in the coming weeks and months.


This season, two players have been leading the way when it comes to winning face-to-face fights for the ball. Bamo Meïté of Lorient has won 6 such fights, while his rival Alexis Sánchez of Marseille has come out on top in 7. Both players have shown incredible tenacity and skill in their respective victories, making them two of the most formidable opponents on the field. With these two at their teams’ disposal, it’s sure to be an exciting season ahead as they continue to battle for supremacy on the pitch.


    Yellow cards:

  • R. Malinovsky (Marseille) at 84 minute
  • L. Balerdi (Marseille) at 87 minute

    The last five games (including this match):

    • Lorient – DLDWD
    • Marseille – DDDWL

    Top 5 Ligue 1 scorers:

    1. Jonathan David (19, Lille)
    2. K. Mbappe (19, Paris Saint Germain)
    3. Alexandre Lacazette (18, Lyon)
    4. Folarin Balogun (17, Reims)
    5. Wissam Ben Yedder (17, Monaco)

    Next games:

    • Lorient will play with Monaco. April 16 at 15:05 (UTC), on Stade Louis II.
    • Marseille will play with Estac Troyes. April 16 at 18:45 (UTC), on Stade Orange Vélodrome.
    Bot Bot