The Match Day 27 of the English Premier League has come to an end and the leader, Arsenal, was able to maintain their position with a 3-0 win against Fulham. Out of the seven matches that took place on this day, home teams were able to come out victorious 4 times while away teams were successful in 3 matches. In addition, 3 games ended in a draw. This Match Day 27 offered plenty of action and captivating results that will surely have a major impact on the overall standings in this season’s Premier League.
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Harry Kane and his team Tottenham had a successful match with Nottingham Forest, winning 3-1. Kane scored two of the three goals for Tottenham. Despite their success, the total number of goals from all the teams was down by 29% from the previous Match Day, with only 22 goals scored throughout. On average, teams score 26 goals each Match Day. The fastest goal of this Match Day was scored after just one minute when Dwight McNeil shot for Everton against Brentford. The game ended 0-1 in favour of Everton.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Chelsea had an impressive performance on the pitch in their match against Tottenham. Their defense was a major factor in their draw, with the players making 7 interceptions, 7 blocks, and 24 tackles. The goalkeeper also made 5 saves, resulting in a total of 43 defensive actions on the day. The final score ended up at 2-2, proving that Chelsea were more than capable of holding off any offensive attacks from Tottenham. While Chelsea’s performance was impressive today, Leeds remain the destroyer of the season with 39 activities per match day.
Creator of the Match Day:
Everton put up an impressive performance in their match against Chelsea, despite the 0-1 loss. The team won 120 duels, made 6 shots on target and 13 shots off target – a total of 139 actions for the Match Day. Despite this impressive effort, Everton fell just short of Leeds’ 129 actions per Match Day, which remains the highest for the season so far.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
This season, Liverpool had the best pass accuracy at 84% of 624 passes. Manchester City followed closely behind with 92% of their passes per Match Day, making them the best team in the league. Unfortunately, Everton had the worst pass accuracy with only 63% of their passes while Brentford were the worst team this season with 79% pass accuracy per Match Day. It appears that having a better passing game is key to success in this league!
José Sá of the Wolves had an impressive performance on Match Day 27 (March 12 2023). During a game against Newcastle, he made 27 saves to help his team secure a 1-2 victory. The match between Brighton and Aston Villa resulted in the most cards shown, with 9 yellow and 0 red cards being handed out throughout the game. In the end, Aston Villa came out on top with a score of 1-2.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Cheick_Doucouré, yellow + 1 red (Crystal_Palace)
- João_Palhinha, yellow + 0 red (Fulham)
- Joelinton, yellow + 0 red (Newcastle)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Erling Haaland, 28 (Manchester City) ( + 1).
- Harry Kane, 20 (Tottenham) ( + 2).
- Ivan Toney, 16 (Brentford) ( + 0).
- Marcus Rashford, 14 (Manchester United) ( + 0).
- Gabriel Martinelli, 12 (Arsenal) ( + 1).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Kevin De Bruyne , 12 (Manchester City) ( + 0).
- Bukayo Saka , 9 (Arsenal) ( + 0).
- Dango Ouattara , 8 (Bournemouth) ( + 1).
- Mohamed Salah , 7 (Liverpool) ( + 0).
- Leandro Trossard , 7 (Brighton) ( + 3).
The best goalkeepers:
- David Raya (Brentford) — 108 saves during the season ( + 5)
- Bernd Leno (Fulham) — 100 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Jordan Pickford (Everton) — 88 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Vicente Guaita (Crystal Palace) — 84 saves during the season ( + 3)
- José Sá (Wolves) — 81 saves during the season ( + 6)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start March 19 at 14:00 (UTC) at London on (Emirates Stadium) with the game Arsenal vs Crystal Palace.