Match Day 26 of Serie A was an eventful one, with seven matches taking place across the Italian league. The most noteworthy of these was the match between league leaders Napoli and Atalanta, which ended in a 2-0 victory for Napoli. Of the seven games played on Match Day 26, home teams ended up with three wins while away teams came out on top four times. Three matches ended in draws as well, making for a highly competitive day of football. These results have certainly shaken up the standings ahead of Match Day 27 and should provide plenty to talk about in terms of who will finish where at the end of the season!
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Udinese gave an incredible performance in the match against Salernitana, providing a draw with a score of 0-0. Their impressive defensive tactics were on full display as they made 42 destroying actions; 12 interceptions, 6 blocks and 21 tackles. The goalkeeper also proved to be quite the asset by making 3 saves. Although they weren’t able to secure the win, their performance was still impressive enough to be considered as Destroyer of the Match Day – a title that is held by Cremonese over the season with 37 activities per Match Day.
Creator of the Match Day:
Inter dominated their match against Spezia, winning 3-0. The team won 112 duels, made 7 shots on target and 28 shots off target for a total of 147 actions. This makes Inter the creator of the Match Day with Verona coming in second place with 123 actions per Match Day. Inter’s performance proves that they have what it takes to be successful this season.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Bologna had the best pass accuracy this season, with 88% of their 630 passes being successful. Napoli was the best performing team overall, as they achieved 90% accuracy in each Match Day. Spezia had the worst pass accuracy of 71%, while Verona had the lowest success rate overall with 77%. This clearly highlights how important accurate passing is for a team’s performance in the league.
Rui Patrício of AS Roma had an impressive performance on Match Day 26 (March 12 2023). During the game against Sassuolo, Patricio made a whopping 26 saves, helping his team to a 3-4 victory. In another match on the same day, Empoli and Monza faced off with Empoli taking the win 1-0. This game was notable for being the match with most cards shown, as 8 yellow cards and 1 red card were issued by the referee. It was a busy day full of intense action for many teams in Italy!
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Mehdi_Léris, 11 yellow + 0 red (Sampdoria)
- Sofyan_Amrabat, 9 yellow + 0 red (Fiorentina)
- M._Lopez, 8 yellow + 0 red (Sassuolo)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Victor Osimhen, 19 (Napoli) ( + 0).
- Lautaro Martínez, 14 (Inter) ( + 0).
- MBala Nzola, 12 (Spezia) ( + 1).
- Ademola Lookman, 12 (Atalanta) ( + 0).
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, 11 (Napoli) ( + 1).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia , 9 (Napoli) ( + 0).
- Sergej Milinković-Savić , 8 (Lazio) ( + 0).
- Rafael Leão , 6 (AC Milan) ( + 0).
- Mário Rui , 6 (Napoli) ( + 0).
- Gerard Deulofeu , 6 (Udinese) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Lorenzo Montipò (Verona) — 89 saves during the season ( + 2)
- Bartłomiej Drągowski (Spezia) — 88 saves during the season ( + 6)
- Emil Audero (Sampdoria) — 84 saves during the season ( + 0)
- Wladimiro Falcone (Lecce) — 83 saves during the season ( + 0)
- Łukasz Skorupski (Bologna) — 81 saves during the season ( + 2)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start March 17 at 19:45 (UTC) at Bergamo on (Gewiss Stadium) with the game Atalanta vs Empoli.