|Benfica – Maritimo||3 – 0|
|FC Porto – Estoril||3 – 2|
|Rio Ave – GIL Vicente||2 – 1|
|Chaves – Portimonense||2 – 0|
|Famalicao – Casa Pia||1 – 0|
|Pacos Ferreira – Santa Clara||1 – 0|
|Sporting CP – Boavista||3 – 0|
|Vizela – SC Braga||0 – 4|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
David Neres led Benfica to a commanding victory over Maritimo by scoring two goals, securing a 3 – 0 win. Across all the matches this Match Day, there were a total of 22 goals scored, which is 4% higher than the average of 10 goals for this division. The fastest goal was scored by Marko Grujić in just 9 minutes during FC Porto’s match with Estoril, resulting in a 2 – 3 win for Porto. This Match Day was full of excitement and plenty of scoring opportunities.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Arouca had an impressive performance on Match Day, with 51 total destroying actions. Their 11 interceptions, 9 blocks and 23 tackles forced GIL Vicente to struggle in the match, and their goalkeeper made 8 saves to help keep the score at 1-0 in Arouca’s favor. The destroyer of the season so far is Portimonense, averaging 18 activities per Match Day. It looks like Arouca may be able to give them a run for their money this year!
Creator of the Match Day:
Guimaraes had a great performance in their match against Estoril, winning 1-0. The team won 133 duels and made 8 shots on target and 25 shots off target, for a total of 166 actions. Guimaraes was the creator of the season with 60 similar kinds of actions per Match Day. This is a testament to their skill and determination as they continue to lead the league standings.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Sporting CP lead the league in pass accuracy, achieving an impressive 89% of 613 passes. Their dominance extends beyond just passing accuracy, as they also have the highest pass success rate per match day at 90%. In stark contrast, Chaves have been the worst team this season in terms of passing accuracy, with a woeful 70% of their passes and 81% pass success rate per match day. It is clear to see why Sporting CP are at the top of the league and Chaves languish near the bottom.
Ignacio de Arruabarrena (Arouca) had a stellar performance on Match Day 24, March 11 2023. He made 24 saves during Arouca’s game against Guimaraes and his team ultimately won 2-0. The game with the most cards shown was between Guimaraes and Estoril, where 8 yellow cards and 1 red card were given out. Despite all of the fouls, Estoril still managed to win 1-0.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- André_Amaro, 7 yellow + 1 red (Guimaraes)
- Tiago_Gouveia, 6 yellow + 0 red (Estoril)
- Pedrão, 6 yellow + 0 red (Portimonense)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Gonçalo Ramos, 8 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Simon Banza, 6 (SC Braga) ( + 0).
- Mehdi Taremi, 6 (FC Porto) ( + 1).
- Fran Navarro, 5 (GIL Vicente) ( + 0).
- João Mário, 5 (Benfica) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Mehdi Taremi , 5 (FC Porto) ( + 0).
- Alejandro Grimaldo , 4 (Benfica) ( + 1).
- Stephen Eustáquio , 4 (FC Porto) ( + 0).
- João Mário , 4 (Benfica) ( + 0).
- Pedro Gonçalves , 4 (Sporting CP) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Jhonatan (Rio Ave) — 60 saves during the season ( + 5)
- Andrew (GIL Vicente) — 38 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Fabijan Buntić (Vizela) — 37 saves during the season ( + 3)
- Daniel Figueira (Estoril) — 36 saves during the season ( + 2)
- Luiz Júnior (Famalicao) — 34 saves during the season ( + 2)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start March 19 at 15:30 (UTC) at Lisboa on (Estádio Pina Manique) with the game Casa Pia vs Maritimo.