|Barcelona – Athletic Club||1 – 0|
|Celta Vigo – Rayo Vallecano||3 – 0|
|Elche – Valladolid||1 – 1|
|Mallorca – Real Sociedad||1 – 1|
|Cadiz – Getafe||2 – 2|
|Girona – Atletico Madrid||0 – 1|
|Villarreal – Real Betis||1 – 1|
|Real Madrid – Espanyol||3 – 1|
|Valencia – Osasuna||1 – 0|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
It was an exciting Match Day in La Liga with a total of 22 goals scored. Enes Ünal (Getafe) scored two of those in the match with Cadiz, helping his team to a draw at 2 – 2. This marked an increase of 13% on the goals scored during the previous Match Day, which is higher than average score per game day of 24 goals. The fastest goal came from Sergio Akieme (Almeria), who scored just two minutes into the match against Sevilla and helped his team to a 2 – 1 victory. All in all, it was certainly an entertaining day for fans of Spanish football!
Destroyer of the Match Day:
Valladolid showed incredible defensive prowess against Villarreal, making a total of 47 destroying actions throughout the match. The players had 7 interceptions, 5 blocks, and 26 tackles while the goalkeeper made 9 saves. Despite their impressive performance, Valladolid was defeated by Villarreal 0-3. This loss aside, Valladolid has proved itself to be one of the season’s greatest destroyers with 36 activities per Match Day.
Creator of the Match Day:
Elche put in an impressive performance in their Match Day against Almeria, winning 128 duels and making 10 shots on target and 24 shots off target for a total of 162 actions. Though the game ended in a 1-1 draw, Elche displayed a level of play that is rivaled only by Real Sociedad, who have amassed 126 such actions per Match Day this season.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
Real Madrid have had an impressive season in terms of pass accuracy, achieving a 92% success rate for 639 passes. This is the best of any team in the league, with 93% accuracy per Match Day. At the other end of the spectrum, Mallorca had a relatively poor performance with just 64% pass accuracy while Espanyol were the worst overall this season with 78% success rate on their passes per Match Day.
Sergio Asenjo of Valladolid made an incredible 25 saves during the match against Elche on March 11 2023. His team was able to salvage a draw, ending 1 – 1. The match with the most cards shown was between Valencia and Elche, with 9 yellow cards and no red ones given out. The game ended in a 2-2 draw, highlighting an intense match between the two teams. Sergio Asenjo’s performance in goal stood out as one of the highlights of the day across all matches.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Alejandro_Baena, yellow + 1 red (Villarreal)
- José_Ángel_Carmona, yellow + 2 red (Sevilla)
- Domingos_Duarte, yellow + 1 red (Getafe)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Robert Lewandowski, 15 (Barcelona) ( + 0).
- Enes Ünal, 12 (Getafe) ( + 2).
- Joselu, 12 (Espanyol) ( + 1).
- Iago Aspas, 11 (Celta Vigo) ( + 2).
- Karim Benzema, 11 (Real Madrid) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Antoine Griezmann , 8 (Atletico Madrid) ( + 0).
- Mikel Merino , 7 (Real Sociedad) ( + 0).
- Samuel Chukwueze , 5 (Villarreal) ( + 0).
- Lucas Robertone , 5 (Almeria) ( + 0).
- Rodrygo , 5 (Real Madrid) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Jeremías Ledesma (Cadiz) — 104 saves during the season ( + 8)
- Édgar Badía (Elche) — 101 saves during the season ( + 0)
- Fernando Martínez (Almeria) — 92 saves during the season ( + 3)
- David Soria (Getafe) — 82 saves during the season ( + 2)
- Giorgi Mamardashvili (Valencia) — 75 saves during the season ( + 0)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start March 18 at 20:00 (UTC) at Madrid on (Estádio Cívitas Metropolitano) with the game Atletico Madrid vs Valencia.