|Bayern Munich – FC Augsburg||5 – 3|
|RB Leipzig – Borussia Monchengladbach||3 – 0|
|SC Freiburg – 1899 Hoffenheim||2 – 1|
|FC Koln – VfL BOCHUM||0 – 2|
|Eintracht Frankfurt – VfB Stuttgart||1 – 1|
|VfL Wolfsburg – Union Berlin||1 – 1|
|Hertha Berlin – FSV Mainz 05||1 – 1|
|FC Schalke 04 – Borussia Dortmund||2 – 2|
The most interesting stats of the Match Day
Benjamin Pavard made a huge contribution to the victory of Bayern Munich, scoring two goals in the match with FC Augsburg. His team ended up victorious with a final score of 5 – 3, while all teams combined scored 31 goals – 6 of which were penalties. This is an impressive +32% from the previous Match Day, in which teams had averaged 28 goals per Match Day. Mergim Berisha from FC Augsburg also deserves recognition for his impressive goal at 3 minutes that set the tone for this highly competitive game.
Destroyer of the Match Day:
FC Schalke 04 put on an impressive defensive performance in their match against Borussia Monchengladbach, with 10 interceptions, 8 blocks, 22 tackles and 5 saves by the goalkeeper resulting in a total of 45 destructive actions. The hard work paid off as they managed to come away with a 2-2 draw. However, it is VfL BOCHUM who have been the true destroyers of the season, averaging 36 activities per match day!
Creator of the Match Day:
Borussia Dortmund had a successful match day against Bayer Leverkusen, winning 1-0. The players won an impressive 122 duels in total during the game, and made 7 shots on target and 19 off target for a total of 148 actions. While this was an impressive performance from Borussia Dortmund, it still pales in comparison to Hertha Berlin’s incredible 130 actions per Match Day this season.
The team with the best pass accuracy:
RB Leipzig had the best passing accuracy this season, with 88% of their 692 passes completed. Bayern Munich were the best team in the league, completing 90% of their passes per Match Day. Hertha Berlin had the worst pass accuracy, at 55%. The worst performing team overall was FC Augsburg with a pass accuracy of 69% per Match Day. It’s clear that passing accuracy is an important factor for success in this league.
On March 11, 2023, Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Tobias Sippel had an impressive performance with 24 saves in a 0-3 victory against RB Leipzig. While the game between Monchengladbach and Leipzig was relatively clean with no cards shown, the match between FC Augsburg and RB Leipzig was not as peaceful. The game ended in a 3-3 tie but not without 9 cards being given out – 8 yellow and 1 red. It is clear that Sippel’s heroics were instrumental in Borussia’s victory while the referees had their hands full at the Augsburg vs. Leipzig match.
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this season:
- Ozan_Kabak, 11 yellow + 2 red (1899_Hoffenheim)
- Kouadio_Koné, 9 yellow + 0 red (Borussia_Monchengladbach)
- Piero_Hincapié, 9 yellow + 2 red (Bayer_Leverkusen)
The topscorers list in the league:
- Niclas Füllkrug, 15 (Werder Bremen) ( + 1).
- Christopher Nkunku, 12 (RB Leipzig) ( + 0).
- Vincenzo Grifo, 12 (SC Freiburg) ( + 0).
- Randal Kolo Muani, 11 (Eintracht Frankfurt) ( + 0).
- Jamal Musiala, 11 (Bayern Munich) ( + 0).
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Randal Kolo Muani , 10 (Eintracht Frankfurt) ( + 0).
- Jamal Musiala , 8 (Bayern Munich) ( + 0).
- Dominik Szoboszlai , 8 (RB Leipzig) ( + 0).
- Filip Kostić , 8 (Eintracht Frankfurt) ( + 1).
- Alassane Pléa , 8 (Borussia Monchengladbach) ( + 0).
The best goalkeepers:
- Manuel Riemann (VfL BOCHUM) — 94 saves during the season ( + 5)
- Rafał Gikiewicz (FC Augsburg) — 87 saves during the season ( + 4)
- Jiří Pavlenka (Werder Bremen) — 78 saves during the season ( + 2)
- Mark Flekken (SC Freiburg) — 75 saves during the season ( + 1)
- Oliver Baumann (1899 Hoffenheim) — 75 saves during the season ( + 1)
League table right now:
The next Match Day will start March 18 at 17:30 (UTC) at Dortmund on (SIGNAL IDUNA PARK) with the game Borussia Dortmund vs FC Koln.