Bayern Munich Thrillingly Defeats FC Augsburg 5-3 in Bundesliga Match

On Match Day 24 of Bundesliga, Bayern Munich faced off against FC Augsburg in an exciting match. M._Berisha from FC Augsburg started the match with a goal at 3 minutes in, setting the score to 0:1 in favor of Augsburg. However, Bayern Munich responded shortly after with J._Cancelo’s goal at 15 minutes, evening the score to 1:1. B._Pavard then scored two goals for Bayern Munich at 19 and 35 minutes respectively (2:1 and 3:1), putting them firmly ahead. Soon after, L._Sane added another goal for Bayern Munich at 45 minutes (4 : 1).

Not giving up without a fight, M._Berisha from FC Augsburg scored again at 60 minute (4 : 2). A._Davies from Bayern Munich added yet another goal for his team at 74 minute (5 : 2), making it almost impossible for Augsburg to come back. Nonetheless I._Cardona from FC Augsburg managed to score one final goal in the last minute of play (90th minute) which set the final score to 5:3 in favor of Bayern Munich.


Bayern Munich

Yann Sommer (rating 6.5)
Benjamin Pavard (rating 9.2)
Dayot Upamecano (rating 6.6)
Matthijs de Ligt (rating 6.3)
João Cancelo (rating 8.3)
Joshua Kimmich (rating 7.7)
Jamal Musiala (rating 6.3)
Alphonso Davies (rating 7.3)
Sadio Mané (rating 7.7)
Leroy Sané (rating 8.7)
Serge Gnabry (rating 6.7)

FC Augsburg

Rafał Gikiewicz (rating 6.3)
Robert Gumny (rating 5.6)
Maximilian Bauer (rating 6.5)
Jeffrey Gouweleeuw (rating 5.9)
Mads Pedersen (rating 6)
Arne Engels (rating 6)
Julian Baumgartlinger (rating 6.2)
Arne Maier (rating 6.3)
Dion Drena Beljo (rating 6.2)
Ermedin Demirović (rating 6.3)
Mergim Berisha (rating 8)


Bayern Munich

T. Muller (S. Gnabry, 71)
M. Tel (S. Mane, 72)
R. Gravenberch (J. Musiala, 78)
N. Mazraoui (A. Davies, 78)
D. Blind (M. de Ligt, 83)

FC Augsburg

Iago (R. Gumny, 46)
I. Cardona (D. Beljo, 46)
R. Vargas (E. Demirovic, 46)
E. Rexhbecaj (A. Engels, 46)
N. Mbuku (A. Maier, 77)

Ball possession:

In the match between Bayern Munich and FC Augsburg, Bayern Munich dominated in terms of ball possession, with a 66% share. They were also active in terms of shots on target and on goal, making 23 and 8 respectively. Their most active player was Sadio Mané who made the most shots. On the other side, FC Augsburg had 34% ball possession and made 14 shots on target with 6 hitting the goal. Irvin Cardona proved to be their best in terms of accuracy as he made the highest number of successful hits on goal.


9 dribbles per game

Bayern Munich are dominating the passing game in the Bundesliga this season, with Benjamin Pavard leading the way with a 92% pass accuracy and 90 total passes. His teammate Joshua Kimmich has also contributed significantly, registering 6 key passes so far. Meanwhile, FC Augsburg’s Rafał Gikiewicz has managed an impressive 82% pass accuracy from 39 total passes. Ruben Vargas of Augsburg is also proving to be a dangerous attacking threat, averaging 4.9 dribbles per game. It’s clear that both teams have some talented players in their ranks this season!


Bayern Munich had six interceptions in total, with Benjamin Pavard leading the way with three. FC Augsburg had nine interceptions, led by Jeffrey Gouweleeuw who also had three. Bayern Munich’s second best was Benjamin Pavard who had three again, while FC Augsburg’s Maximilian Bauer came in second with two. Overall, it was a close battle for interceptions between the two teams.


By the numbers, it appears that João Cancelo of Bayern Munich and Jeffrey Gouweleeuw of FC Augsburg are the leaders in face-to-face fights for the ball. Cancelo has engaged in 10 such duels, while Gouweleeuw is not far behind with 7. These two players have clearly been giving it their all on the pitch in order to gain an advantage over their opponents.


    Yellow cards:

  • M. de Ligt (Bayern Munich) at 59 minute
  • J. Cancelo (Bayern Munich) at 85 minute
  • M. Pedersen (FC Augsburg) at 18 minute

Penalties in a match:

  • M. Berisha (FC Augsburg) at 60 minute

The last five games (including this match):

  • Bayern Munich – WWWLW
  • FC Augsburg – LWLWL

Top 5 Bundesliga scorers:

  1. Niclas Füllkrug (14, Werder Bremen)
  2. Christopher Nkunku (12, RB Leipzig)
  3. Vincenzo Grifo (12, SC Freiburg)
  4. Randal Kolo Muani (11, Eintracht Frankfurt)
  5. Jamal Musiala (11, Bayern Munich)

Next games:

  • Bayern Munich will play with Bayer Leverkusen. March 19 at 16:30 (UTC), on BayArena.
  • FC Augsburg will play with FC Schalke 04. March 18 at 14:30 (UTC), on WWK Arena.
Bot Bot