Bayern Munich Dominates Union Berlin in Bundesliga Clash

The 22nd match day of the Bundesliga saw Bayern Munich take on Union Berlin, with the former emerging as clear victors. E._M._Choupo-Moting scored the first goal at 31 minute (1:0), while K._Coman extended their lead 10 minutes later (2 : 0). J._Musiala added a third goal just before halftime, leaving Bayern Munich firmly in control of the game at 3 : 0. Ultimately, Union Berlin were unable to find a way back into the match and Bayern Munich secured their win with ease.


Bayern Munich

Yann Sommer (rating 6.7)
Josip Stanišić (rating 7.5)
Benjamin Pavard (rating 7.3)
Matthijs de Ligt (rating 7.2)
Alphonso Davies (rating 7.3)
Joshua Kimmich (rating 7.6)
Leon Goretzka (rating 7.9)
Kingsley Coman (rating 9.2)
Thomas Müller (rating 7.9)
Jamal Musiala (rating 7.9)
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (rating 7.3)

Union Berlin

Frederik Rønnow (rating 6.9)
Danilho Doekhi (rating 6.3)
Robin Knoche (rating 6.6)
Diogo Leite (rating 5.5)
Christopher Trimmel (rating 6.3)
Aissa Laïdouni (rating 6.3)
Rani Khedira (rating 6.3)
Morten Thorsby (rating 6.2)
Jérôme Roussillon (rating 5.9)
Sheraldo Becker (rating 6.5)
Jordan Siebatcheu (rating 6.9)


Bayern Munich

S. Mane (K. Coman, 65)
S. Gnabry (E. M. Choupo-Moting, 65)
L. Sane (J. Kimmich, 78)
J. Cancelo (J. Stanisic, 78)
M. Tel (T. Muller, 87)

Union Berlin

J. Leweling (S. Becker, 63)
K. Behrens (J. Siebatcheu, 63)
P. Seguin (M. Thorsby, 63)
N. Giesselmann (J. Roussillon, 66)
J. Haberer (R. Khedira, 78)

Ball possession:

Despite having much less ball possession, Union Berlin put up a good fight against Bayern Munich. Bayern Munich had 70% of ball possession and made 20 shots on target, 9 on goal. Thomas Müller was particularly active in terms of the number of shots. On the other hand, Union Berlin only had 30% of ball possession but made 3 shots on target, 0 on goal. Aissa Laïdouni was the most successful in terms of hits on goal for Union Berlin.


5 tackles per match

The recent match between Bayern Munich and Union Berlin was an intense affair, with both sides fighting hard for the victory. Bayern Munich player Benjamin Pavard had a particularly impressive performance, completing 95% of his 104 passes. For Union Berlin, Frederik Rønnow completed 77% of his 45 passes but Morten Thorsby stood out defensively with 1.5 tackles per match. On the offensive side, Kingsley Coman provided 5 key passes for Bayern Munich throughout the match. Overall it was a closely fought battle between two teams determined to win.


Bayern Munich and Union Berlin have both been successful in intercepting the ball during their matches. Bayern Munich has collected 6 interceptions with Leon Goretzka leading the team with 2 interceptions. Union Berlin has also achieved 6 interceptions, led by Robin Knoche with 3 interceptions. Benjamin Pavard of Bayern Munich was close behind, collecting 1 interception for his team.


Leon Goretzka of Bayern Munich and Jordan Siebatcheu of Union Berlin are the top contenders in their respective teams when it comes to face-to-face fights for the ball. Leon Goretzka has won 8 such fights while Jordan Siebatcheu has won 11. Both players have shown impressive skill and tenacity on the pitch, making them stand out from their peers. With these two leading their teams, it’s no surprise that both clubs have been performing well in recent matches.


    Yellow cards:

  • B. Pavard (Bayern Munich) at 84 minute
  • M. Thorsby (Union Berlin) at 33 minute

    The last five games (including this match):

    • Bayern Munich – WLWWD
    • Union Berlin – LDWWW

    Top 5 Bundesliga scorers:

    1. Niclas Füllkrug (14, Werder Bremen)
    2. Christopher Nkunku (12, RB Leipzig)
    3. Vincenzo Grifo (12, SC Freiburg)
    4. Marcus Thuram (11, Borussia Monchengladbach)
    5. Jamal Musiala (11, Bayern Munich)

    Next games:

    • Bayern Munich will play with VfB Stuttgart. March 04 at 17:30 (UTC), on Mercedes-Benz-Arena.
    • Union Berlin will play with FC Koln. March 04 at 14:30 (UTC), on Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
    Bot Bot