Vizela Loses to Benfica 0-2 in Primeira Liga Doubleheader

Vizela put up a valiant effort against Benfica in Match Day 22 of the Primeira Liga, but eventually fell to the reigning champions by a score of 0-2. Joao_Mario provided the decisive goals for Benfica, scoring at both the 38th and 90th minutes to secure the victory. Despite Vizela’s best efforts, they were unable to find an equalizer and succumbed to their second consecutive league defeat. The result sees Benfica extend their lead at the top of Primeira Liga table as they continue their pursuit of another title.



Fabijan Buntić (rating 6.7)
Igor Julião (rating 6.3)
Anderson (rating 6.3)
Bruno Wilson (rating 7.5)
Kiki Afonso (rating 6.9)
Nuno Moreira (rating 6.9)
Claudemir (rating 6.5)
Raphael Guzzo (rating 6.6)
Kiko Bondoso (rating 5.7)
Samu (rating 6.7)
Milutin Osmajić (rating 6.5)


Odysseas Vlachodimos (rating 6.9)
Alexander Bah (rating 7.3)
António Silva (rating 6.9)
Nicolás Otamendi (rating 6.9)
Alejandro Grimaldo (rating 7.5)
Fredrik Aursnes (rating 6.9)
Florentino Luís (rating 7)
João Mário (rating 8.2)
David Neres (rating 7.5)
Gonçalo Guedes (rating 7)
Gonçalo Ramos (rating 7.5)



M. Lacava (N. Moreira, 60)
P. Ortiz (R. Guzzo, 60)
A. Mendez (Claudemir, 69)
F. Etim (M. Osmajic, 77)
Kiki (Matheus Pereira, 77)


Chiquinho (G. Guedes, 60)
Rafa Silva (D. Neres, 84)
P. Musa (G. Ramos, 84)
J. Neves (Chiquinho, 90)

Ball possession:

The recent match between Vizela and Benfica was a thrilling one. Although Vizela had 40% ball possession, they managed to make 9 shots on target, with Milutin Osmajić being the most active player in terms of the number of shots. On the other hand, despite having 60% possession, Benfica only made 11 shots on target but managed to put 6 of them on goal thanks to João Mário’s skillful hitting.


Raphael Guzzo of Vizela was the most accurate passer in this match, completing 88% of his 36 passes. Nicolás Otamendi of Benfica wasn’t far behind with 86% accuracy on his 79 passes. Samu from Vizela had two key passes while David Neres from Benfica had four. With such high passing accuracy from both teams, it’s no wonder that this was an exciting match to watch.


Vizela boasts the most interceptions this season, having 16 to Benfica’s 15. Bruno Wilson leads the way for Vizela with 3 interceptions while Florentino Luís has the highest total of 4 for Benfica. Anderson has 2 interceptions for Vizela and Florentino Luís also holds one interception for Benfica.


Kiki Afonso and Gonçalo Ramos are leading the way when it comes to fighting for the ball. Kiki Afonso, from Vizela, has been involved in 6 face-to-face fights for the ball while Gonçalo Ramos, from Benfica, has been involved in 9. This shows that both players are willing to put forth a lot of effort to win possession of the ball and help their respective teams. It is clear that these two players will be key figures on their teams moving forward.


    Yellow cards:

  • R. Guzzo (Vizela) at 17 minute
  • Claudemir (Vizela) at 61 minute
  • Anderson Jesus (Vizela) at 79 minute
  • Anderson Jesus (Vizela) at 87 minute
  • N. Otamendi (Benfica) at 18 minute
  • Antonio Silva (Benfica) at 43 minute
  • Red cards:

  • Anderson Jesus (Vizela) at 87 minute

Penalties in a match:

  • Joao Mario (Benfica) at 90 minute

The last five games (including this match):

  • Vizela – LDDLW
  • Benfica – WWWWW

Top 5 Primeira Liga scorers:

  1. João Mário (14, Benfica)
  2. Gonçalo Ramos (13, Benfica)
  3. Fran Navarro (12, GIL Vicente)
  4. Pedro Gonçalves (12, Sporting CP)
  5. Mehdi Taremi (11, FC Porto)

Next games:

  • Vizela will play with Estoril. March 04 at 15:30 (UTC), on Estádio António Coimbra da Mota.
  • Benfica will play with Famalicao. March 03 at 21:15 (UTC), on Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
Bot Bot