Trading on New York exchange opened today with an decrease in quotes — -0.80%. The main drivers of decline were securities Russell 2000 (-1.67 %), CMC Crypto 200 Index by Solacti (-1.63%), NASDAQ Composite (-1.54%).
The main European indexes:
- Euro STOXX 50 Index – 43.45 (-1.09%)
- FTSE Euro 100 Index – 1440.06 (-0.47%)
- S&P Europe 350 Index – 1878.36 (-0.26%)
The main Asian indexes:
- S&P Asia 50 Index – 4726.82 (-1.78%)
- Dow Jones Asian Titans 50 Index – 190.59 (-1.15%)
- FTSE ASEAN 40 Index – 11.59 (0.35%)
Main global indexes:
- FTSE All-World Index – 421.33 (-1.19%)
- S&P Global 100 Index – 36040.46 (-0.42%)
- S&P Global 1200 Index – 3040.26 (-1.27%)
- Dow Jones Global Titans 50 – 541.89 (-1.33%)
Key market indicators two hours after opening:
- Nasdaq decreased on 1.46%
- S&P 500 decreased on 1.34%
- Russell 2000 decreased on 2.47%
- Dow Jones decreased on 2.01%
Ups and downs
? These securities showed the maximum growth this morning:
- Sigma Lithium Corporation — +17.67%
- PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk — +18.95%
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. — +15.46%
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. — +11.56%
- Vir Biotechnology, Inc. — +9.36%
The absolute maximum growth in the first 2 hours after the opening for the past three months was in shares of Ambrx Biopharma Inc. (21 February 2023 , +560.68%).
- Why Sigma Lithium Stock Popped on Its Tesla News (Yahoo Finance)
- AMC Entertainment (AMC) Expected to Beat Earnings Estimates: What to Know Ahead of Q4 Release (Yahoo Finance)
- World’s Biggest Ship Skips India in Blow to Its Trade Goals (Bloomberg)
- These Stocks Are Moving the Most Today: Home Depot, Walmart, Dillard’s, DocuSign, Molson Coors, and More (Yahoo Finance)
? Securities that fell the most in the first hours of trading:
- IVERIC bio, Inc. — –15.08%
- Dana Incorporated — –13.95%
- Trinity Industries, Inc. — –13.32%
- American Equity Investment Life Holding Company — –12.09%
- Rolls-Royce Holdings plc — -0.00%
Securities of company Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. has the worst trading start in three months (-87.23%, 16 February 2023 ).
- Iveric Bio Announces FDA Accepts New Drug Application and Grants Priority Review for Avacincaptad Pegol for the Treatment of Geographic Atrophy (Yahoo Finance)
- LaunchDarkly Co-Founder Harbaugh Replaced as CEO by Dan Rogers (Bloomberg)
- Trinity Industries (TRN) Q4 Earnings Surpass Estimates (Yahoo Finance)
- Brookfield Demands Details From AEL About Josh Harris Deal (Bloomberg)
- Is There Now An Opportunity In Rolls-Royce Holdings plc (LON:RR.)? (Yahoo Finance)
If we consider industries, the stocks of companies from Energy started to trade best of all. Their cumulative growth — 15.09%.
But stocks from Consumer Defensive went negative — -1.78%.
The companies from Japan are traded best on New York exchange. It happened thanks to Kringle Pharma, Inc. (+23.58%), SmartDrive inc. (+21.98%), Wintest Corp. (+20.0%).
The worse situation is with the companies from United States (John Wiley & Sons, Inc. –1.24%, GoodRx Holdings, Inc. –1.23%, O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. –1.22%).