The world cup of the FIFA World Cup is over. The teams played 64 matches.
Let’s see the most interesting stats.
Most goals during the world cup were scored by France (16). Fewest goals scored by Qatar (1).
All the teams scored 172 goals (43 from penalties) on the world cup. This is in general 2,68 goals per match.
The fastest goal of the world cup was scored at 2 minute by Alphonso Davies (Canada) during the game with Croatia. The final score of the match 4 — 1.
All teams scores more goals and concedes more in the following intervals
Destroyer of the world cup — France. The players of this team did 77 interceptions, 22 blocks, 145 tackles, and the goalkeeper made 19 saves. In total — 263 destroying actions.
Creator of the world cup — Argentina. The players of this team won 715 duels, made 47 shots on target and 100 shots off target. In total — 862 actions.
The team with the best pass accuracy — Belgium (95% of the total passes). The worst team in terms of pass accuracy — Saudi Arabia (only 72% of the passes that are successful).
Dominik Livaković (Croatia) made more saves during the world cup — 25.
As to fouls — the match with the most cards shown (16 yellow and 1 red) is the game between Netherlands and Argentina (final score 2 — 2).
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this world cup:
- Marcos Acuña, 3 yellow + 0 red (Argentina)
- Gonzalo Montiel, 3 yellow + 0 red (Argentina)
- Woo-Young Jung, 2 yellow + 0 red (South Korea)
See the final topscorers:
- Kylian Mbappé, (8, France).
- Lionel Messi, (7, Argentina).
- Julián Álvarez, (4, Argentina).
- Olivier Giroud, (4, France).
- Richarlison, (3, Brazil).
The leader has 8 goals. And let’s look how much did players score during in the previous World Cups:
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Ivan Perišić, (3, Croatia).
- Antoine Griezmann, (3, France).
- Bruno Fernandes, (3, Portugal).
- Lionel Messi, (3, Argentina).
- Harry Kane, (3, England).
The best goalkeepers:
- Dominik Livaković, (25, Croatia).
- Wojciech Szczęsny, (23, Poland).
- Andries Noppert, (18, Netherlands).
- Hugo Lloris, (17, France).
- Shuichi Gonda, (15, Japan).