The group stage of the FIFA World Cup is over. The teams played 48 matches. This is the list of teams for knockouts:
- Argentina – Australia
- France – Poland
- England – Senegal
- Japan – Croatia
- Brazil – South Korea
- Morocco – Spain
- Portugal – Switzerland
Let’s see the most interesting stats so far.
Most goals during the group stage were scored by Spain (9). Fewest goals scored by Qatar (1).
All the teams scored 120 goals (9 from penalties) on the group stage. This is in general 2 goals per match.
The fastest goal of the group stage was scored at 2 minute by Alphonso Davies (Canada) during the game with Croatia. The final score of the match 4 — 1.
All teams scores more goals and concedes more in the following intervals
|Minutes||Scored, %||Conceded, %|
Destroyer of the group stage — Costa Rica. The players of this team did 31 interceptions, 14 blocks, 67 tackles, and the goalkeeper made 11 saves. In total — 123 destroying actions.
Creator of the group stage — Mexico. The players of this team won 327 duels, made 16 shots on target and 41 shots off target. In total — 384 actions.
The team with the best pass accuracy — France (93% of the total 327 passes). The worst team in terms of pass accuracy — USA (only 81% of the passes that are successful).
Wojciech Szczęsny (Poland) made more saves during the group stage — 18.
As to fouls — the match with the most cards shown (11 yellow and 0 red) is the game between Serbia and Switzerland (final score 2 — 3).
There is a top 3 of players with yellow and red cards this group stage:
- Nemanja Gudelj, 2 yellow + 0 red (Serbia)
- Collins Fai, 2 yellow + 0 red (Cameroon)
- Idrissa Gueye, 2 yellow + 0 red (Senegal)
The best goalscorer for now is Alphonso Davies from Canada (1 goals).
See the current topscorers list in the World Cup:
- Enner Valencia, (3, Ecuador).
- Álvaro Morata, (3, Spain).
- Kylian Mbappé, (3, France).
- Marcus Rashford, (3, England).
- Cody Gakpo, (3, Netherlands).
Now the leader has 3 goals. And let’s look how much did players score during the group stage in the previous World Cups:
In terms of assists — here is top 5 players:
- Harry Kane, (3, England).
- Dušan Tadić, (2, Serbia).
- Bruno Fernandes, (2, Portugal).
- Theo Hernández, (2, France).
- Ivan Perišić, (2, Croatia).
The best goalkeepers:
- Wojciech Szczęsny, (18, Poland).
- Vanja Milinković-Savić, (15, Serbia).
- Mohammed Al-Owais, (14, Saudi Arabia).
- Shuichi Gonda, (12, Japan).
- Keylor Navas, (11, Costa Rica).